Want to Win Free Captioning Services & Help Education Research?
Calling all Disabilities Services Coordinators, Accessibility Specialists, IT staff, Ed Tech professionals, and Librarians in higher ed!
The Ecampus Research Unit at Oregon State University is collaborating with us to conduct research exploring two main areas of closed captioning at US institutions of higher education:
- College students’ experience with, and perceptions of, closed captions for videos in their coursework
- What solutions institutions are implementing to ensure compliance with closed captioning regulations.
Approved by the IRB at Oregon State University, this study includes a survey on institutional use of video captions, as well as a survey for students.
We are looking for institutional partners to fill out the institutional survey and recruit students to share their thoughts and experiences with closed captions.
Colleges and Universities who participate will have the opportunity to enter a raffle for free closed captioning services (supplied by 3Play Media) and will also receive their institution-specific student data after the research is complete.
Student participants will have the opportunity to enter a raffle for one of fifty $25 Amazon gift cards.
There are two ways to learn more about this study and express your interest:
- Fill out a short survey with information about the appropriate institutional contacts who can help us collect information for the study.
- Attend a webinar to learn more about the study and ask any questions that you have:
- Friday, April 1 at 9am PST/12pm EST
- Monday, April 4 at 1pm PST/4pm EST
- Wednesday, April 6 at 12pm PST/3pm EST
If you know of other higher education administrators at your institution or elsewhere who might be interested in this study, please share this with them.
Any questions about this research may be directed to Katie Linder, Research Director for Oregon State University’s Ecampus.More: closed captioning, closed captioning company, closed captioning services, closed captioning study, college, ed tech, educational video, educatione, eLearning, free, higher ed, Katie Linder, Oregon State University, OSU, research, survey, university, video accessibility, video captioning, web accessibility