Account Executive (Sales)
About the Job
We’re looking for a highly motivated, well-spoken individual to join our growing sales team. In this role, you will be closing new business and educating use of the 3Play Media platform, mainly over the phone. Target clients will largely consist of higher education institutions, media companies and corporate entities who have significant web video initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have sales experience, possess excellent interpersonal skills, have a competitive edge, and be able to build relationships. You will also need to be able to quickly catch on to new technologies and communicate those concepts to prospects.
- Experience within a sales team that consistently exceeds their goals
- Evidence that you consistently excel at what you do
- Excited to build relationships with prospects and customers
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years of sales experience of web technologies
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and willingness to become an expert in web video and transcription technologies
- Outstanding closing skills
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills to follow up on sales opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, and translation solutions to over 1,000 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is small, hard working, laid back, and fun. There are no politics or wasteful meetings and projects get done quickly and efficiently. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light and a friendly dog named Bo who shares our views and ambitions. You will be expected to handle the responsibility of being a member of a small team where everyone has a lot of plates in the air, but the work is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a strong impact on the success of our company.
Location and Perks
Boston, MA – Fort Point on the Red Line near South Station. We are in the heart of Boston’s thriving Innovation District at the Boston Seaport. New restaurants and bars are popping up regularly, and we are surrounded by Boston’s buzzing tech scene.
Salary + commission + benefits + stock options
How to Apply
Please email the items below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter that succinctly explains why you’re a good fit
- Link to your LinkedIn profile (or attach a resume)