Customer Onboarding Specialist
About the Job
3Play Media is hiring a Customer Onboarding Specialist to set up our customers for immediate success by facilitating the implementation process for new accounts. As a Customer Onboarding Specialist, you will educate new customers, help solve technical problems, and ensure smooth adoption of our products and services. 3Play Media is obsessed with delivering an amazing customer experience, and this is the first step in the process.
The ideal candidate is someone who is high energy, has experience with web-based technologies, has a passion for helping customers, and possesses excellent phone and email skills. You will need to be able to quickly catch on to new technologies and communicate those concepts to customers of varying degrees of technical expertise. A collaborative approach will be key as you will also need to contribute ideas internally to make tactical improvements to the overall onboarding process.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide detailed account walkthroughs and initiate the implementation of many new customers according to their needs
- Become a 3Play Media product expert
- Clearly communicate account setup requirements and expectations with customers and key stakeholders
- Educate customers on 3Play’s toolkit, capabilities, and best practices to simplify adoption and align expectations
- Record customer implementation needs, requests, and questions in Salesforce.com and communicate with key 3Play stakeholders
- Ensure customer receives a superior level of service
- Collaborate with the sales, operations, and engineering teams
- Leverage feedback to continually improve the onboarding process
- Develop a deep understanding of customers’ business and operational objectives
- Listen carefully to information provided by customer and ask clarifying questions to ensure proper use of 3Play tools
- Establish strong relationships with customer stakeholders
- Evidence that you consistently excel at what you do
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Experience with web technologies
- Extreme attention to detail
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard working, laid back, and fun. There are no politics or wasteful meetings and projects get done quickly and efficiently. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light, a game room and a friendly dog named Bo who shares our views and ambitions. At times you will need to work long and difficult hours, but the work is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our company’s success.
Location and Perks
Boston, MA – Fort Point on the Red Line near South Station. We are in the heart of Boston’s thriving Innovation District at the Boston Seaport. New restaurants and bars are popping up regularly, and we are surrounded by Boston’s buzzing tech scene.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Vision plan
- Vacation/sick pay
- Disability and life insurance
- Transportation subsidy
- Company outings/social events
- Beer/kombucha/cold brew on tap