Senior Software Engineer
As a senior software engineer at 3Play Media, you will be working with a small, driven team on a diverse range of projects including development on both new and existing products. You will work both independently as well as pairing with other developers, with opportunities both to learn and to mentor on more challenging projects. As part of a small group, your work will frequently involve direct communication about inspirations and requirements with other departments, and in some cases with customers or technology partners.
Example projects that our team is currently working on include a front-end tool to efficiently produce synthesized audio descriptions of video content, a closed captioning integration with Facebook, and an internal framework for quickly developing new API integrations with external video platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Write robust code to meet specified project goals
- Design and evaluate project specifications and viability
- Review and discuss code design and implementation by junior developers
- Help generate new feature and product ideas
- Debug and fix problems that arise in deployed code
- 3-5 years doing full-stack or back-end development
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Github
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to pick up new technologies
- Solid grasp of code performance and reliability
- Knowledge of or eagerness to learn Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Eagerness to work with junior devs to nurture good coding practice
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, and translation solutions to over 2,000 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. In addition to clear benefits to accessibility of online content to a more diverse audience, we pride ourselves in innovating in the space of online media such as with our interactive transcript plugin. We have been successfully simplifying the typical transcription workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems since we got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan, and are eagerly expanding into new markets including medical transcription and audio description for textualizing visual content in multimedia files.
We love our company culture! We are currently a small team of seven developers working closely with each other and with others in the office, with no interest in drama or office politics. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light, a game room with beer and kombucha on tap, and a friendly dog named Bo who shares our views and ambitions (but not our interest in math jokes or riddles — no one’s perfect!). We’ve all made good friends within 3Play, and also enjoy 3Play hosted events including summer retreats and game nights.
Boston, MA – Fort Point on the Red Line near South Station, in the heart of Boston’s thriving Innovation District at the Boston Seaport. Surrounded by Boston’s buzzing tech scene, we are minutes from food truck hotspots, Chinatown, and Downtown Crossing, and new restaurants and bars are popping up regularly next to older favorites.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Vision plan
- Vacation/sick pay
- Disability and life insurance
- Transportation subsidy
- Company outings/social events
- Beer/kombucha/cold brew on tap
How to Apply
Please submit the following items to email@example.com:
- Cover letter that succinctly explains why you’re a good fit
- Resume and/or LinkedIn/GitHub profile and/or StackOverflow developer story
If you have any questions or issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.