Audio Description Examples
Our audio description services utilize human describers and synthesized speech. You can hear examples of our services below! We’ve published audio description in several ways, so you can see how our various output formats work.
You can view the following examples of audio description below:
- Audio Description Plugin: Our plugin allows you to add description to videos on players that don’t otherwise support it.
- MP4 Video with Audio Description: These examples show MP4 videos that contain both the source audio and the audio description.
- Merged Transcript & Description: This example shows a video along with a merged text document containing both the transcript and the description, which is the best accommodation for deaf/blind viewers.
- Extended Audio Description: These examples demonstrate extended audio description. Both examples use a YouTube embed with the audio description plugin.
- Synthesized Speech Options: This example demonstrates the various synthesized speech voices and speeds available to you.
Audio Description PluginJump to Top
Our audio description plugin allows you to add description to videos hosted on players that don’t support description – even to videos you don’t own. In this example, we’ve added the audio description plugin to a YouTube video embed from MITK12Videos to make it accessible without republishing their video. Test it out:
MP4 Video with Audio DescriptionJump to Top
Most video players don’t support the use of a secondary audio track or video source associated with your original video. If you don’t want to use the plugin above, you can publish a second video with audio description. Note that you won’t be able to turn audio description off.
The below examples show MP4 videos that include the source audio and audio description.
Merged Text DocJump to Top
A merged text output that contains both the transcript and description is the best accommodation for deaf/blind viewers. Below, you can view an example of a video playing with audio description and captions alongside a merged text document.
Extended Audio DescriptionJump to Top
If your video has very few natural pauses in the audio track or has extensive/complex visual content, your video may require extended audio description. This service pauses the video to allow for longer descriptions when there is not enough space to sufficiently describe the visuals in your video. We recommend comparing the extended version of “Circuits and Electronics” below to the standard version of the same file above.
Synthesized Speech OptionsJump to Top
Our audio description service uses synthesized speech to vocalize the descriptions. You can select from three voices and three speeds to create a unique output. Use the selection tool below to listen to the available options: