DIY Video Translation & Subtitling with Amara
Updated: January 4, 2018
3Play Media now offers direct integration with Amara to manage your video translation and subtitling workflow.
What is Amara?
Their mission statement:
Amara hosts communities of volunteers based on causes (e.g., accessibility for the deaf or hard of hearing, political awareness, etc.) or topics of interest (e.g., arts, culture, education, entertainment, tech, etc.). They can then choose videos that interest them and donate their labor as transcriptionist or translator to add subtitles.
Amara Integration with 3Play Media
If you use Amara for video translation, you can now manage your translation requests and subtitle files in 3Play Media. Note that in order to set up Amara integration, you’ll need to activate our Captions Import module. This allows you to import, store, edit, and manage caption files created outside of 3Play.
Once Amara integration is setup, you can:
- Submit video transcripts for translation in Amara
- Import subtitle files from Amara into your 3Play caption library
- Update subtitle files that have been edited in Amara
- Update settings for automatic translation into chosen languages
This integration centralizes your subtitling process in 3Play Media so you don’t need to visit multiple sites to manage your video transcription, captioning, and translation.
Video Translation & Subtitling
If you don’t use Amara, you can still order translations and subtitles for your videos in 3Play Media.
We offer professional quality translations into the following language families:
- European languages (e.g. French, Italian, Portuguese)
- Germanic languages (German, Dutch)
- Scandinavian languages (e.g. Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish)
- Slavic languages (e.g. Russian, Polish, Romanian, Turkish, Czech)
- East Asian languages (e.g. Japanese, Chinese Simplified and Traditional, Korean)
- Middle Eastern languages (Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi, Urdu, etc)
- Select African and Southeast Asian languages (e.g. Vietnamese, Thai, Swahili, Afrikaans, Hmong, Bahasa Malay or Bahasa Indonesian)
Over 90% of translation jobs are completed in less than 24 hours – most of them with a 60-90 minute turnaround time. You can choose standard translation done by a native speaker or professional grade, which offer higher accuracy and sophisticated tone.
Video translation makes your content more accessible to a global audience while boosting your video SEO.
Request pricing details for our video translation options.
Introducing the Expiring Editing Link!
We are so excited to announce the Expiring Editing Link! Now you can give non-3Play users access to specific files, without having to give them your 3Play username and password. What is the Expiring Editing Link? The Expiring Editing Link (EEL) is…
Adding Videos with Captions and Transcripts to LMS Platforms
Accessibility Tools in LMS Learning management systems (LMS) usually don’t allow users to publish videos with captions, interactive transcripts, or audio description. This poses a challenge, especially in higher education and eLearning, as these features make content accessible and have many benefits…
[PRODUCT UPDATE] Audio Description Version Two Is Here!
It’s been several months since we first released audio description, and we have some exciting updates! We’ve released an extended audio description option and 3Play’s Recommendation feature. In addition, we’ve made updates to the editing interface, our audio description plugin, and API…