Introducing: Cattura Learning Engine Integration for Educational Video Transcription & Captioning
Updated: January 4, 2018
3Play Media is proud to introduce our roundtrip integration with Cattura Learning Engine. This new integration offers a seamless captioning workflow for lecture videos in Cattura.
What is Cattura Learning Engine?
Cattura is a cloud-based video management platform that leverages YouTube or Vimeo to store, stream, and manage video libraries for educators and e-learning institutions.
Cattura Learning Engine integrates with popular LMS platforms like Canvas, Moodle, and Blackboard. It also provides interactive features like keyword search.
Educators need to caption their educational videos and lecture capture recordings, and the new 3Play integration with Cattura automates that process.
Setting Up the Cattura Integration
Linking your 3Play Media account with your Cattura account is easy. Follow these 10 steps, or refer to the support documentation for more details.
- Login to your 3Play Media account.
- Click on Settings.
- From the Basic Settings pane on the left, select API Management.
- Under the API Collections, click +Create API Collection.
- Give your collection a name and adjust settings.
- Click on the +details link next to the collection to view your API Key and Secret API Key. Keep this page open for later reference.
- Log into your Learning Management System (LMS) and access the Cattura Learning Engine.
- Within the Learning Engine, click on Settings.
- Under the Integrations category, select 3Play Media. Fill in the required fields with the API Key and Secret back from Step 6.
- Click Save.
Requesting Video Captioning & Transcription in Cattura Learning Engine
You can request captions directly in Cattura after uploading videos. Refer to this video tutorial on captioning in Cattura, or follow the steps below:
- In your Cattura Learning Engine video library, choose a video you’ve uploaded to YouTube and click Edit.
- Scroll down to the 3Play Captioning section. Select your turnaround time option (extended, standard, expedited, rush, or same day).
- Click Submit to 3Play button.
Once your video has been processed, closed captions will automatically show up in your video on both Cattura and YouTube, with the option for viewers to turn them on or off.
You can also offer users the option to download or print a transcript of the video, or activate the interactive transcript to follow along with the lecture.
Introducing the Expiring Editing Link!
We are so excited to announce the Expiring Editing Link! Now you can give non-3Play users access to specific files, without having to give them your 3Play username and password. What is the Expiring Editing Link? The Expiring Editing Link (EEL) is…
Adding Videos with Captions and Transcripts to LMS Platforms
Accessibility Tools in LMS Learning management systems (LMS) usually don’t allow users to publish videos with captions, interactive transcripts, or audio description. This poses a challenge, especially in higher education and eLearning, as these features make content accessible and have many benefits…
[PRODUCT UPDATE] Audio Description Version Two Is Here!
It’s been several months since we first released audio description, and we have some exciting updates! We’ve released an extended audio description option and 3Play’s Recommendation feature. In addition, we’ve made updates to the editing interface, our audio description plugin, and API…