Arizona State Web Accessibility Laws
Updated: June 3, 2019
Arizona observes a state web accessibility policy inspired by federal disability law, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Its stated purpose: “To establish a statewide policy that lowers the technical barriers to accessibility on Arizona Web sites for persons with disabilities.”
The statewide policy created by the Arizona Department of Administration – Arizona Strategic Enterprise Technology Office (ADOA-ASET) applies to all websites for public state offices, branches, and departments — or institutions receiving state funding. This includes Arizona state colleges and universities, except for:
- Universities under the jurisdiction of the board of regents
- Community colleges under their respective jurisdictions and the legislative or judicial branches
The policy mandates accessible web design practices such as:
- Providing adequate color contrast for color-blind or low-vision users
- Including Alt text to describe images and graphs
- Using proper HTML markup for lists and tables
- Offering downloadable PDF files and text-only versions of web content
- Including a transcript for audio content and closed captions for videos and video clips
- Accessible form labels
- Making all elements keyboard accessible
Stay up to date!
Keep me informed about upcoming legal requirements in Arizona
Thanks for your interest. We’ll keep you informed!
Learn About Other U.S. State Accessibility Laws
Click on the map below to learn more about captioning and web accessibility laws in other states.
What INBOUND 2020 Speakers Had to Say About Accessibility
From marketers to developers, INBOUND 2020 brought hundreds of speakers, thousands of people, and millions of ideas for organizations to stand out in our virtual world. Below you’ll hear how INBOUND incorporated accessibility into their remote event, as well as the biggest…
Strategies for Transitioning to Accessible Remote Learning
3Play Media’s second virtual event, ACCESS at Home, focused on providing the necessary tools and knowledge to thrive in a virtual environment. Dawn Hunziker and Barbie Lopez, the IT accessibility team for the University of Arizona, joined us for ACCESS at Home…
How our Customer Success Teams Provide Unrivaled Video Accessibility Support
Our customer success teams at 3Play Media feel passionate about helping our customers find the best solutions to manage accessibility at their organizations. With complex needs and workflows, it can sometimes seem daunting to achieve video accessibility. However, with the right team…