Closed Captioning Ensemble Videos Just Got Easier
Updated: January 4, 2018
3Play Media is pleased to announce a new roundtrip captioning integration with Ensemble Video. This integration offers a seamless workflow for transcribing, captioning, and subtitling videos in the Ensemble CMS.
What is Ensemble Video?
Ensemble Video is a video management system for storing, managing, and sharing online video. Video libraries can be self-hosted, in the cloud, or a mix of both.
Ensemble Video integrates with popular LMS systems like Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, and D2L, which makes it an attractive choice for universities and colleges.
Since eLearning videos need closed captions to comply with ADA and Section 508 web accessibility rules, organizations that produce a lot of educational video and lecture capture recordings need an efficient, automated way to provide captions.
That’s were 3Play comes in.
How the Ensemble – 3Play Media Integration Works
Our Ensemble integration lets you submit videos for captioning and transcription from within your 3Play Media account. You can view different Ensemble video libraries and select any video that you’d like transcribed. Just select the turnaround time, and your captions will appear automatically on your Ensemble videos once they are ready.
How to Set Up Ensemble Video Integration
- Login to your 3Play Media account. From the Upload tab, select Linked Account.
- Click Add New Linked Account and select the Ensemble Video icon.
- Choose a nickname for your integration, then enter your Ensemble username, password, and server URL.
- Turn Postback Data on and click Create Account.
- You will be taken to a page with a feed of your Ensemble videos. Choose one of your Ensemble Libraries, then select the videos you want captioned and click Upload.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to select options for turnaround and click Place Order. Your captions will automatically appear on your Ensemble videos when they are complete.
Introducing the Expiring Editing Link!
We are so excited to announce the Expiring Editing Link! Now you can give non-3Play users access to specific files, without having to give them your 3Play username and password. What is the Expiring Editing Link? The Expiring Editing Link (EEL) is…
Adding Videos with Captions and Transcripts to LMS Platforms
Accessibility Tools in LMS Learning management systems (LMS) usually don’t allow users to publish videos with captions, interactive transcripts, or audio description. This poses a challenge, especially in higher education and eLearning, as these features make content accessible and have many benefits…
[PRODUCT UPDATE] Audio Description Version Two Is Here!
It’s been several months since we first released audio description, and we have some exciting updates! We’ve released an extended audio description option and 3Play’s Recommendation feature. In addition, we’ve made updates to the editing interface, our audio description plugin, and API…