Parody Music Video: “You Guys Need Captions!”
Updated: June 3, 2019
Closed captioning can bring a video to life.
We wanted to capture that spirit and celebrate all the ways closed captioning helps your video, your viewers, and YOU.
To that end, 3Play Media is proud to unveil our music video parody of Pharrell Williams’ “Happy,” entitled “You Guys Need Captions!”
Break-dancers, jugglers, acrobats, and regular folks got funky for captioning. The 3Play Media team and several major players in the Boston tech scene shook their stuff, too. And somehow a yak made it in there….
Watch the music video below and read along with the open captions or the interactive transcript.
Movers and Shakers in Video Tech and Innovation
We are grateful to the many members of the Boston video technology and innovation community who appeared in our video. Thank you for sharing in the belief that technology can connect and delight us all.
- Ben Ratner, Growth Marketer at HubSpot
- Bill Aulet, Managing Director at MIT Entrepreneurship Center
- Brendan Schwartz, CTO of Wistia
- David Mendels, CEO of Brightcove
- Ed Roberts, Professor of Management of Technology at MIT Sloan
- John Harthorne, CEO of MassChallenge
- Larry Goldberg, Director of Accessible Media at Yahoo!
- Scott Bailey, Managing Director at MassChallenge
- Tom Leighton, CEO of Akamai
- Andrew Schwartz: Composer of lyrics, Lead Vocals, Sound Editor
- David Zylber: Director of Photography and Editor
- Joshua Miller: Production Assistant
- Lily Bond: Production Assistant and Camera Operator
- Emily Griffin: Production Assistant and backing vocals
And Thanks to Our Dancers:
Cameron David Douglas
Ray Demers, Jr.
Laurence De Olaisonalle
Jens Toft Olesen
Share the love and learn more about why We Heart Captions!
Online Accessibility Advice from ACCESS Speakers
ACCESS is an event for the accessibility enthusiast. Whether you already have a video accessibility initiative at your organization or not, you’ll leave empowered, motivated, and prepared to create a more universally accessible world. We dove into ACCESS 2019’s library of presentations…
4 Tips for Online and Remote Fitness Classes
Many fitness brands are turning to remote, online classes for members instead of offering classes solely at physical locations. Members are enjoying this alternative in order to accommodate their new schedules and exercise routines. However, non-members are loving it too, as a…
Overview of NAD v. Harvard and NAD v. MIT Lawsuits
On Thursday, February 5, 2015, the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) filed a federal class-action lawsuit against the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard University for allegedly violating U.S. accessibility laws. Please note that as of February 2020, after years…