Parody Music Video: “You Guys Need Captions!”
Updated: June 3, 2019
Closed captioning can bring a video to life.
We wanted to capture that spirit and celebrate all the ways closed captioning helps your video, your viewers, and YOU.
To that end, 3Play Media is proud to unveil our music video parody of Pharrell Williams’ “Happy,” entitled “You Guys Need Captions!”
Break-dancers, jugglers, acrobats, and regular folks got funky for captioning. The 3Play Media team and several major players in the Boston tech scene shook their stuff, too. And somehow a yak made it in there….
Watch the music video below and read along with the open captions or the interactive transcript.
Movers and Shakers in Video Tech and Innovation
We are grateful to the many members of the Boston video technology and innovation community who appeared in our video. Thank you for sharing in the belief that technology can connect and delight us all.
- Ben Ratner, Growth Marketer at HubSpot
- Bill Aulet, Managing Director at MIT Entrepreneurship Center
- Brendan Schwartz, CTO of Wistia
- David Mendels, CEO of Brightcove
- Ed Roberts, Professor of Management of Technology at MIT Sloan
- John Harthorne, CEO of MassChallenge
- Larry Goldberg, Director of Accessible Media at Yahoo!
- Scott Bailey, Managing Director at MassChallenge
- Tom Leighton, CEO of Akamai
- Andrew Schwartz: Composer of lyrics, Lead Vocals, Sound Editor
- David Zylber: Director of Photography and Editor
- Joshua Miller: Production Assistant
- Lily Bond: Production Assistant and Camera Operator
- Emily Griffin: Production Assistant and backing vocals
And Thanks to Our Dancers:
Cameron David Douglas
Ray Demers, Jr.
Laurence De Olaisonalle
Jens Toft Olesen
Share the love and learn more about why We Heart Captions!
Accessible Training Videos Improve Employee Learning & Engagement
Accessible training videos are beneficial to everyone. For individuals with disabilities, being able to access and learn from training videos is necessary for their job success. For those without disabilities, accessible video can increase comprehension, improve focus, and create better learning outcomes.…
4 Important Reasons to Practice Inclusive Design
Inclusive design is the key to ensuring no one gets left behind in our increasingly digital society, and it’s more pertinent now than ever before. While presenting for Fall 2020 ACCESS at Home, Krissie Barrick, Head of Digital Influencing at Scope, put…
Massachusetts State Web Accessibility Laws
Many states across the country have accessibility standards that have been adopted after Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, a federal accessibility law that requires electronic communications and information technologies be accessible. These standards, otherwise known as “little 508s”, have…