Parody Music Video: “You Guys Need Captions!”
Updated: January 4, 2018
Closed captioning can bring a video to life.
We wanted to capture that spirit and celebrate all the ways closed captioning helps your video, your viewers, and YOU.
To that end, 3Play Media is proud to unveil our music video parody of Pharrell Williams’ “Happy,” entitled “You Guys Need Captions!”
Break-dancers, jugglers, acrobats, and regular folks got funky for captioning. The 3Play Media team and several major players in the Boston tech scene shook their stuff, too. And somehow a yak made it in there….
Watch the music video below and read along with the open captions or the interactive transcript.
Movers and Shakers in Video Tech and Innovation
We are grateful to the many members of the Boston video technology and innovation community who appeared in our video. Thank you for sharing in the belief that technology can connect and delight us all.
- Ben Ratner, Growth Marketer at HubSpot
- Bill Aulet, Managing Director at MIT Entrepreneurship Center
- Brendan Schwartz, CTO of Wistia
- David Mendels, CEO of Brightcove
- Ed Roberts, Professor of Management of Technology at MIT Sloan
- John Harthorne, CEO of MassChallenge
- Larry Goldberg, Director of Accessible Media at Yahoo!
- Scott Bailey, Managing Director at MassChallenge
- Tom Leighton, CEO of Akamai
- Andrew Schwartz: Composer of lyrics, Lead Vocals, Sound Editor
- David Zylber: Director of Photography and Editor
- Joshua Miller: Production Assistant
- Lily Bond: Production Assistant and Camera Operator
- Emily Griffin: Production Assistant and backing vocals
And Thanks to Our Dancers:
Cameron David Douglas
Ray Demers, Jr.
Laurence De Olaisonalle
Jens Toft Olesen
Share the love and learn more about why We Heart Captions!
How to Convince Your Clients to Caption Videos
Oh dear… you know it’s good for them, you know it will help them, yet your clients still don’t want captions. How are you supposed to convince your client that you are [always] right? You have to school them with the…
What Publishing Houses Should Know About Video Production
It’s no secret that video is a powerful tool to connect with people across the globe. Its engaging nature allows for easier dissemination of information. Today, organizations are asking themselves, “How can we incorporate video into our communication streams?” But producing video…
The Growing Population with Vision Loss
It is estimated that Americans are exposed to over 4,000 advertisements each day, and most of these ads are increasingly visual. In 2017, 37% of marketers said visual marketing was the most important form of content for their business. Statistics show that…