Parody Music Video: “You Guys Need Captions!”
Updated: June 3, 2019
Closed captioning can bring a video to life.
We wanted to capture that spirit and celebrate all the ways closed captioning helps your video, your viewers, and YOU.
To that end, 3Play Media is proud to unveil our music video parody of Pharrell Williams’ “Happy,” entitled “You Guys Need Captions!”
Break-dancers, jugglers, acrobats, and regular folks got funky for captioning. The 3Play Media team and several major players in the Boston tech scene shook their stuff, too. And somehow a yak made it in there….
Watch the music video below and read along with the open captions or the interactive transcript.
Movers and Shakers in Video Tech and Innovation
We are grateful to the many members of the Boston video technology and innovation community who appeared in our video. Thank you for sharing in the belief that technology can connect and delight us all.
- Ben Ratner, Growth Marketer at HubSpot
- Bill Aulet, Managing Director at MIT Entrepreneurship Center
- Brendan Schwartz, CTO of Wistia
- David Mendels, CEO of Brightcove
- Ed Roberts, Professor of Management of Technology at MIT Sloan
- John Harthorne, CEO of MassChallenge
- Larry Goldberg, Director of Accessible Media at Yahoo!
- Scott Bailey, Managing Director at MassChallenge
- Tom Leighton, CEO of Akamai
- Andrew Schwartz: Composer of lyrics, Lead Vocals, Sound Editor
- David Zylber: Director of Photography and Editor
- Joshua Miller: Production Assistant
- Lily Bond: Production Assistant and Camera Operator
- Emily Griffin: Production Assistant and backing vocals
And Thanks to Our Dancers:
Cameron David Douglas
Ray Demers, Jr.
Laurence De Olaisonalle
Jens Toft Olesen
Share the love and learn more about why We Heart Captions!
Closed Captions Required for Movie Trailers
Movie trailers with captions help provide access for people with disabilities, particularly those who are deaf or hard of hearing. In addition to accessibility, movie trailers with captions are more likely to catch the viewer’s attention and keep them engaged. Though the…
TikTok Accessibility: Best Practices for Creators
With over two billion all-time downloads and 80 million daily users in the US alone, TikTok is one of the most popular apps of our time, particularly among Gen Z. However, when it comes to TikTok accessibility, the app, unfortunately, falls short.…
How to Create Top-Notch Remote Video Content: 3 Tips from ACCESS Speakers
If you’re planning on producing video content for your business in the near future, I’d hedge to say you’ll be making it in-house – literally. As remote work persists, video marketers have traded their office DSLRs for webcams and iPhones and their…