Corporate Counsel (Legal)
About the Job
We’re looking for a talented, versatile, and motivated attorney to support the company’s exciting growth. The Corporate Counsel will guide legal and related business strategy across the Company. This role will be responsible for commercial, transactional and regulatory matters for the Company, as well as other matters as required from time to time. This is a newly established function and a great opportunity for an aspiring leader.
This role will have a heavy initial focus in on the commercial side of the business, including the negotiation of legal and business terms with customers and vendors.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements with customers, partners, consultants, and vendors
- Provide front-line support to the sales team on commercial contract, process, and negotiation matters
- Keep our legal terms, language, and related documents up to date with the release of new products and services
- Build and manage legal processes in collaboration with departmental leads, including sales, finance, HR, marketing, and R&D
- Facilitate the expansion and maintenance of our intellectual property portfolio
- Assist with general company direction and strategy
- At least 4 years of experience practicing law, with at least 2 years of in-house experience
- In good standing and licensed to practice law as a member of the Massachusetts State Bar or other reciprocal jurisdiction
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters, including contract, intellectual property, and labor law
- Ability to make decisions and provide advice/explain the rationale related to complex matters
- Ability to develop strong relationships with team members
- Ability to effectively handle high-volume and prioritization of tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- Ability to learn and pick up new technologies quickly
- Experience facilitating projects with outside counsel as necessary
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
How to Apply
Please complete this application.