Technical Support Specialist
About the Job
We’re looking for a highly motivated, well-spoken individual to help us ensure our customers’ delight. Customer happiness is the driving force of our success, and it takes a lot of thought, care, patience, persistence, and knowledge. Duties of this role will range from educating customers about our products to finding new ways to engage and expand our existing community.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task, and aptitude for learning the intricacies of an evolving software product. Because our team is small and our customers are varied, you will need to be able to quickly catch on to new technologies and enjoy solving problems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Excited to interact with customers
- Experience helping people work through challenging issues by ticketing system or phone or email
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Experience with a ticket based support software application like Zendesk
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and willingness to drive projects to completion in a fast moving environment
- Enthusiasm for contributing to a small, driven team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Video production and video post production
- Multimedia skills (Photoshop)
- Public Speaking, teaching, or podcasting
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is small, hard working, laid back, and fun. There’s no politics or wasteful meetings, and projects get done very quickly. We have a flat hierarchy and everyone is dedicated to building a hugely successful company. We have a spacious and open office with lots of natural light and a friendly dog who shares our views and ambitions.
Location and Perks
Boston, MA – Fort Point on the Red Line near South Station. We are in the heart of Boston’s thriving Innovation District at the Boston Seaport. New restaurants and bars are popping up regularly, and we are surrounded by Boston’s buzzing tech scene.
Salary + benefits + stock options