Tegrity Captions and Subtitles
Tegrity is a leading lecture capture system. This article provides step by step instructions on how to add closed captions to lectures recorded with Tegrity.
Step 1 – Download Recorded Lecture
1. From your Tegrity account navigate to Courses > Recordings and locate the recording intended for download. Check the box to the right of the recording you want to download.
2. From the Recording Tasks drop down menu, click Make DVD Image and follow the prompts to save the MP4 file to your computer. If the option to download the MP4 recording is unavailable, download the mp3 recording.
Step 2 – Upload the Lecture for Captioning and Transcription
Log into your 3Play Media account. From the Upload tab at the top of the screen, select From Computer, choose the lecture recording you downloaded in the previous step, and follow the onscreen prompts to specify turnaround. You’ll receive an email when your captions are ready.
Step 3 – Download the Caption File
Download the QT Custom format configured for Tegrity from your 3Play account. If this custom output format is not available in your 3Play Media project, contact your 3Play Media account manager or 3Play Media support to have it added.
Step 4 – Upload the Captions to Tegrity
1. From your Tegrity account, locate the file associated with the QT caption file you downloaded in the previous step. Click the checkbox next to this recording.
2. Click the Recording Task button and select Edit Recording.
3. Click Add Closed Captioning and select the QT caption file.