2016 Legal Update on Digital Accessibility Cases
Digital access is a civil right, and there is a lot happening in the legal space. Court decisions, government agency activity, and private party settlements are defining best practices and the scope of digital accessibility requirements. Organizations across industries need to be aware of these developments to better understand their legal obligations.
This webinar will be presented by Lainey Feingold, a nationally recognized disability rights lawyer and pioneer of Structured Negotiation known for negotiating landmark accessibility agreements. Lainey’s book, Structured Negotiation: A Winning Alternative to Lawsuits, is now available from the American Bar Association (link in bio, below). Her presentation will analyze key cases, government agency activity, settlements, and other developments in digital accessibility through September 2016.
This presentation will cover:
- Legal requirements impacting web accessibility
- Updates on major digital access court cases, regulations and settlements in 2016
- How the law is impacting accessibility in fields as diverse as finance, education, voting, healthcare, employment, and transportation.
- U.S. Department of Justice and Department of Education activity in digital access
- Best practices for digital accessibility as defined by major settlements
- The legal horizon for web and mobile accessibility
About Lainey Feingold
Lainey Feingold is a disability rights lawyer who works primarily with the blind community on technology, digital, and information access issues. She is internationally recognized for negotiating landmark accessibility agreements and for pioneering the collaborative dispute resolution method known as Structured Negotiation. In 2014 and in 2000, she was honored with a California Lawyer of the Year (CLAY) award. Her book about Structured Negotiation is now available from the American Bar Association (but it’s not just for lawyers)!
Disability Rights Lawyer | Law Office of Lainey Feingold
Lily Bond (Moderator)
Director of Marketing | 3Play Media