2017 Legal Update On Digital Accessibility Cases With Lainey Feingold
The legal landscape of accessibility provides a strong framework supporting digital accessibility efforts in the public and private sectors, in higher education, and throughout society. Lawsuits, Structured Negotiations, and government agency activity impact how organizations around the country are approaching digital accessibility requirements. With so many legal developments, organizations across industries need to stay informed to better organize their digital accessibility initiatives.
This webinar will be presented by Lainey Feingold, an internationally recognized disability rights lawyer and pioneer of Structured Negotiation known for negotiating landmark accessibility agreements. In this webinar, Lainey will take us through key cases, government agency activity, settlements, and other developments in the digital accessibility legal landscape since her last 3Play Media webinar in September 2016.
This presentation will cover:
- Legal requirements impacting web accessibility
- Updates on major digital access court cases, regulations and settlements in 2017
- U.S. Department of Justice and Department of Education activity in digital access
- Best practices for digital accessibility as defined by major settlements
- How the law is impacting accessibility in fields as diverse as finance, education, voting, healthcare, employment, and transportation
Lainey is a disability civil rights lawyer and author. She has negotiated digital accessibility cases with companies including Bank of America, Major League Baseball, Anthem, Inc. and Charles Schwab. Her book, Structured Negotiation, A Winning Alternative to Lawsuits, was published by the American Bar Association (ABA) in 2016. She is the individual recipient of the 2017 ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Lawyer as Problem Solver Award. Please visit: http://www.lflegal.com/ or follow her on Twitter at @LFLegal
Disability Rights Lawyer | Law Office of Lainey Feingold
Lily Bond (Moderator)