DIY Workflows for Captioning and Transcription
In this webinar, Ken Petri, the Director of the Ohio State University Web Accessibility Center, will walk you through the process of DIY captioning.
While using a 3rd party captioning service certainly makes the captioning and transcription process easier for video producers, sometimes it is not a plausible solution (mainly due to cost).
In this webinar, Ken Petri, the Director of the Ohio State University Web Accessibility Center, will walk you through the process of DIY captioning. At OSU, Ken has developed standards and techniques for captioning that are an exemplary resource for other institutions looking to implement a similar workflow. Ken will give you a comprehensive overview of the DIY captioning process.
This webinar will cover:
- DIY Captioning for YouTube
- The steps in a DIY captioning workflow
- How to create a transcript for your video
- How to convert your transcript into captions
- How to add closed captions to your videos
- Tools and resources for captioning and transcription
Web Accessibility Center Director | Ohio State University
Lily Bond (Moderator)
Marketing Manager | 3Play Media