The Legal Year in Review: Accessibility Trends in Higher Ed
In this webinar, Paul Grossman will cover major trends in accessibility law as it applies to higher ed. If you haven’t had the chance to see Paul speak at AHEAD, this is a great opportunity to learn about the state of accessibility in higher education from the retired Chief Regional Attorney at the US Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
This session will cover key illustrative cases and decisions in 2017-2018 that have potential impact on campus and organization policies, practices, and environments, including:
In this webinar, Paul will cover:
- Trends in digital equality.
- The state of accessibility complaints under the OCR (and its new Case Processing Manual).
- Service animals and emotional support animals.
- Accommodating students who are self-injurious.
- Auxiliary aids in the clinical setting.
- The next big issues, including the disability-related manifestations of sexual violence.
Former Chief Regional Attorney | Office for Civil Rights, San Francisco
Lily Bond (Moderator)