2021 Digital Accessibility Legal Update with Lainey Feingold
The legal landscape of digital accessibility in the United States, and increasingly around the world, provides a strong framework supporting digital inclusion for disabled people in the public and private sectors, in education, and throughout society.
The pandemic has made the need for accessibility more urgent than ever, and individual advocacy, lawsuits, Structured Negotiations, and government agency activity continue to advance disability inclusion in the digital space. Organizations across industries and sectors must stay informed about the legal space, while remembering that fear of lawsuits is a poor motivator for baked inaccessibility.
This webinar will be presented by Lainey Feingold, an internationally recognized disability rights lawyer and public speaker and pioneer of Structured Negotiation. Lainey is known for negotiating landmark accessibility agreements without lawsuits, many described in her book, Structured Negotiation, A Winning Alternative to Lawsuits. The second edition of Lainey’s book was published in October 2021.
In this webinar, Lainey will take us through key cases, court decisions, government agency activity, settlements, and other recent developments in the digital accessibility legal space. She will share best practices for staying ahead of the legal curve, talk about the ethics of digital accessibility law, and even offer a few predictions of what to expect in the coming year.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Legal requirements impacting digital accessibility (primarily in the US, touching upon international requirements)
- Updates on major digital access court cases, regulations, and settlements over the past twelve months
- Best practices for digital accessibility as defined by industry leaders, court orders, and major settlements
- Ethics in the digital accessibility legal space: fear, quick fixes and what not to do
- How the law is impacting accessibility in fields as diverse as finance, education, voting, healthcare, employment, and transportation
Attorneyl Law Office of Lainey Feingold
Lainey Feingold is a disability rights lawyer and an author who works primarily with the blind community on technology, digital, and information access issues.