Business Development Representative (Sales)
About the Job
The Business Development Representative is a great opportunity to help drive demand for our video accessibility and engagement solutions, as well as gain valuable sales experience at a growing company. We’re looking for a highly motivated, well-spoken individual to research and build our lead pipeline. The Business Development Representative’s primary responsibility is to generate leads via high-volume outbound prospecting. In this role, you will work closely with both our sales and marketing teams to determine the most effective channels and methods for qualifying prospective opportunities. Target clients will largely consist of higher education institutions, media companies and corporate entities who have significant web video initiatives.
The ideal candidate is someone who is high energy, self-motivated, has a competitive edge, and possesses excellent phone and email skills. Your ability to quickly assess opportunities and track them in Salesforce.com will be critical to your success. You will also need to be able to quickly catch on to new technologies and communicate those concepts to prospects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel the sales pipeline
- Help assemble and prioritize strategic target customer lists
- Conduct high volume prospecting and needs assessments calls to qualify leads (between 60 and 80 emails and calls per day)
- Work closely and collaboratively with sales and marketing teams to develop and execute prospect communication methods
- Achieve monthly quotas of qualified opportunities and closed business
- Track all activity within Salesforce.com
- Evidence that you consistently excel at what you do
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 0-2 years of sales experience of web technologies
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic, as well as time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable technology company with a startup culture making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2008 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
How to Apply
Please complete this application.