Director of Business Development and Strategy (Business Development)
About the Job
The Director of Business Development and Strategy is an exciting new role to help drive 3Play Media’s growth into the future of accessible video. We are looking for a someone who can work cross-functionality and display leadership qualities to help drive our partnerships, alliances, and strategic initiatives for the next growth phase as a company. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working with multiple teams, executing and negotiating partnerships, and setting product vision.
This newly established function is located in Boston and will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer. This role will aim to strengthen existing integration partnerships and to establish new alliances for future growth. There will be significant collaboration with sales, product, and marketing functions to drive success.
Role and Responsibilities
- Set and achieve growth targets related to partner-based activity
- Own maintenance and growth of existing partnerships and integrations
- Identify new strategic integration and alliance opportunities
- Negotiate strategic deals that have a high impact on revenue growth, brandm and long-term strategic value
- Facilitate communication between dev teams for product changes/enhancements
- Engage with sales, marketing, and engineering to accomplish key goals
- Evidence that you consistently excel at what you do
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 6-10 years of business development or product strategy experience in the tech space
- Prior success in relationship building, deal negotiation/structuring, and product planning
- A self-starter with a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic, as well as time management and organizational skills
- Ability to make decisions and provide advice/explain the rationale related to complex matters
- Ability to develop strong relationships with team members
- Master’s degree preferred
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
How to Apply
Please complete this application.