Senior Product Manager
About the Job
The Sr Product Manager role is an opportunity for smart, product-focused individuals to deepen their skills as a customer-centric product manager through customer and product discovery in emerging market spaces. The Sr Product Manager will use leadership skills, technical knowledge, customer analysis, strong business acumen, and inputs from a cross-functional team to support a range of activities including; learning customer needs, assessing competitive and potential offerings, identifying margin enhancing and hard to copy solutions, and bringing those solutions to market. This individual will interface regularly with engineering, sales, product marketing, the integrated marketing functions, and business leadership to define and launch 3Play Media products and features.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual, who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. They must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills and be able to gain credibility with team members and senior management. This position reports to the Vice President of Product.
- Represent current and future 3Play customers inside the organization and represent 3Play in the market
- Lead product for 3Play’s live captioning services, contractor operations products, and R&D focus areas
- Write amazingly clear, inspirational, context-rich and actionable user stories that get passionate engineers excited to write code
- Manage the product backlog and prioritize user stories into sprints
- Partner across the company to bring products and features to market
- Work closely with R&D to understand and translate technical concepts into actionable requirements and stories
- Drive a customer and market-centric product approach within the organization, ensuring that priorities and roadmap are centered around customer needs
- Drive market and customer research activities, including Voice of Customer
- Partner with product marketing to support and define market opportunity assessments
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of customers’ needs and keep current with industry trends that affect customer experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure all relevant tasks are completed
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously and collaboratively, with a “roll up the sleeves” attitude
- Natural and creative problem solver, not fazed by adversity or ambiguity and able to independently solve multiple challenging technical problems, in parallel
- Outstanding project management skills
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including R&D, Sales, Product Marketing, Marketing, Support
- Capability to plan, execute, and lead successful product launches
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Skilled in communicating product messaging and influencing audiences (e.g. customers, prospects, sales, industry analysts and trade press)
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in CS, CIS, MS or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years product management experience
- B2B applications experience required; video and/or live streaming preferred
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable technology company with a startup culture making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 5,000 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2008 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
How to Apply
Please complete this application.