Do Captions & Transcripts Improve Student Learning?
Can captions and interactive transcripts help improve student learning?
In this webinar, Lyman Dukes III, Ph.D., Karla Morris, M.Ed., and Casey Frechette, Ph.D from the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg, take us through the fascinating findings from an in-depth study on the use of captions and interactive transcripts in seven online courses.
This webinar will cover:
- Do captions and interactive transcripts improve retention and comprehension?
- How do students use captions and transcripts?
- Are there drawbacks to using captions and transcripts?
- Is one better than the other?
- What should your organization consider when implementing captions and transcripts?
Karla Morris, M.Ed.
Manager of Instructional Design Services l University of South Florida, St. Petersburg
Lyman Dukes III, Ph.D.
Professor l University of South Florida, St. Petersburg
Casey Frechette, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor l University of South Florida, St. Petersburg