2020 Legal Update on Digital Access Cases with Lainey Feingold
The legal landscape of accessibility in the United States provides a strong framework supporting digital accessibility efforts in the public and private sectors, in higher education, and throughout society.
Individual advocacy, lawsuits, Structured Negotiations, and government agency activity impact how organizations around the country are approaching digital accessibility. With so many legal developments, organizations across industries need to stay informed.
This webinar will be presented by Lainey Feingold, an internationally recognized disability rights lawyer and public speaker and pioneer of Structured Negotiation. Lainey is known for negotiating landmark accessibility agreements, many described in her book, Structured Negotiation, A Winning Alternative to Lawsuits. In this webinar, Lainey will take us through key cases, court decisions, government agency activity, settlements, and other recent developments in the digital accessibility legal landscape.
This presentation will cover:
- Legal requirements impacting digital accessibility
- Updates on major digital access court cases, regulations, and settlements over the past twelve months
- Best practices for digital accessibility as defined by industry leaders, court orders, and major settlements
- Ethics in the digital accessibility legal space: fear, quick fixes and what not to do
- How the law is impacting accessibility in fields as diverse as finance, education, voting, healthcare, employment, and transportation
Disability Rights Lawyer
Law Office of Lainey Feingold