How to Become a Video Accessibility Expert
Updated: April 1, 2020
We are so excited to announce the release of our much anticipated Video Accessibility Course!
This free course will teach you the ins and out of accessible video, while providing you with practical tips to implement into your current workflow.
What Will I Learn?
The course is divided into six tracks:
- What Do You Need to Make Your video Accessible?: Learn how to create accessible video.
- The Power of Accessible Video: Understand the benefits of accessible video.
- Understanding Your Legal Obligation for Video Accessibility: Dive into the web accessibility laws and how they apply to you.
- Building Video Accessibility Into Your Process: Explore how you can streamline video accessibility.
- Getting Buy-In for Accessibility: Build a strategy for convincing your organization to get buy-in for accessibility.
- Video Accessibility Publishing Matrix: Master how to publish accessible videos.
Each track is built to provide you with practical tips to help you implement video accessibility from day one.
Who Should Sign Up?
This course is geared for anyone who works in or with video. The majority of the video published today is still not accessible; One big reason is that people aren’t aware of the needs and benefits of publishing accessible video.
This course is also for people who are advocates of accessible video or interested in learning more about it. You’ll learn plenty of tips for improving your current accessibility strategy while learning how to get other key stakeholders on board.
How Do I Get Started?
To get started, head over to the course home page and create a profile.
You will be directed to the heart of the course platform where you can meet other professionals, ask questions, and post thoughts.
The ability to connect with other professionals is one of the most exciting features of the course. Don’t be afraid to post something on the feed or comment on other posts – we love to hear what you think!
How to Scale Live Closed Captioning: 6 Top Tips
As live video content continues to grow in popularity, most video & social media platforms have enabled live streaming features due to the sheer number of people tuning into live streams. In 2019 alone, internet users watched a staggering 1.1 billion hours of…
Xbox Accessibility: The Importance of “Day One” Inclusive Design
There are an estimated 400 million gamers with disabilities on the planet. For Xbox, accessibility is at the core of what they do. They are committed to creating a gaming experience that everyone can enjoy, including the 400 million individuals mentioned above.…
Top 5 Use Cases for Live Captioning
Many brands and organizations are turning to live videos to engage with their audience, especially when they can’t connect in person. For viewers with competing priorities, live video content provides a great deal of flexibility – as long as there’s a device…