How to Become a Video Accessibility Expert
Updated: April 1, 2020
We are so excited to announce the release of our much anticipated Video Accessibility Course!
This free course will teach you the ins and out of accessible video, while providing you with practical tips to implement into your current workflow.
What Will I Learn?
The course is divided into six tracks:
- What Do You Need to Make Your video Accessible?: Learn how to create accessible video.
- The Power of Accessible Video: Understand the benefits of accessible video.
- Understanding Your Legal Obligation for Video Accessibility: Dive into the web accessibility laws and how they apply to you.
- Building Video Accessibility Into Your Process: Explore how you can streamline video accessibility.
- Getting Buy-In for Accessibility: Build a strategy for convincing your organization to get buy-in for accessibility.
- Video Accessibility Publishing Matrix: Master how to publish accessible videos.
Each track is built to provide you with practical tips to help you implement video accessibility from day one.
Who Should Sign Up?
This course is geared for anyone who works in or with video. The majority of the video published today is still not accessible; One big reason is that people aren’t aware of the needs and benefits of publishing accessible video.
This course is also for people who are advocates of accessible video or interested in learning more about it. You’ll learn plenty of tips for improving your current accessibility strategy while learning how to get other key stakeholders on board.
How Do I Get Started?
To get started, head over to the course home page and create a profile.
You will be directed to the heart of the course platform where you can meet other professionals, ask questions, and post thoughts.
The ability to connect with other professionals is one of the most exciting features of the course. Don’t be afraid to post something on the feed or comment on other posts – we love to hear what you think!
How to Live Stream an Event in 6 Steps
Live streaming allows you to broadcast videos online in real-time. From concerts to conferences, webinars to fitness classes, live streaming has become standard practice across the world. In fact, there was a 300% growth in live streaming events between March and August 2020. This…
How to Handle Live Closed Captioning – and the Challenges
Technological innovation has paved a new way to conduct business, education, and life in general – particularly in a world forced to adapt to virtual substitutes during the pandemic. And most of the time, the technology we use is very helpful! Like…
3 Ways Video Has Changed for the Better
Decades ago, video’s uses were mostly limited to entertaining, informing, and advertising. Today, video has all but replaced classrooms, text books, work travel, and meeting rooms. 2020 brought upon countless changes to the world – and one of the reasons people maintained…