Top 3 Work from Home Jobs in Digital Accessibility
Updated: March 16, 2021
If you’re looking for a work from home job that helps make the digital world more inclusive and accessible, then these top three jobs may be the perfect fit.
1. Transcription Jobs🏠 Work from Home 🧠 No Experience Necessary 🗓️ Flexible Schedule 💰 Weekly Paycheck 📝 Contract Work
As a transcriptionist, you will work to edit imperfect transcripts from video and audio content. Depending on the organization, you may need to transcribe a file from scratch or clean up an automatically generated transcript.
A transcription job is perfect for those who are seeking complete control of their schedule, weekly paychecks, and the opportunity for a work from home job.
For transcription jobs, you will need a computer and a strong network connection. A good pair of headphones is also strongly suggested.
Most organizations do not require previous experience. At 3Play, we seek transcriptionist who have:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent command of English grammar and punctuation
- Proficiency with internet research and reference resources
- Ability to manage projects and work independently
2. Accessibility Tester🏠 Work from Home 🧠 🧠 🧠Experience/Knowledge Necessary 💰 Salary Postion 📝 Full Time Employee
As an accessibility tester, you will be tasked with ensuring websites, applications, and tools are compliant with federal accessibility standards.
You will need to have knowledge of the ADA, Section 508, and WCAG 2.0/2.1 compliance and how they relate to website and application accessibility.
Experience with JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, Zoomtext, and Talkback are also necessary.
On a daily basis, you could be:
- Using assistive technologies, like screen reader software, to test the accessibility of a website
- Document issues and make recommendations for solutions and best practices
- Educate engineers, executives, and other relevant parties on accessibility standards and their importance
3. Help Blind Individuals Live Independently🏠 Work from Home 🧠 No Experience Necessary 🗓️ Flexible Schedule 📝 Contract Work
As an Aira agent, you help to guide blind individuals through their day to day lives. This is truly a rewarding work from home job!
Using smart glass technology, the blind user wears smart glasses that have a camera and network connectivity to help the agent guide the user through their requests.
The platform works similarly to Uber when a blind user will make a request to connect with an agent.
Aira agents are trained and certified via the company, no experience is necessary. The application process involves:
- Pre-Screening process – similar to 911 operator training
- Training with an experience Aira team member on how to use the Agent Dashboard and emergency protocols
- Training on “Aira Phraseology
- Certification process, background check, and confidentialily agreements
Finding the Perfect Work from Home Job
When looking for a work from home job, make sure you access all the possibilities. There are many opportunities that can fit your skills, schedule, and interests.
Do you know other work from home jobs? Let us know in the comments.
Why 3Play Media Is Better at Security
3Play Media provides video accessibility services, such as closed captioning, transcription, translation, and audio description. Security is a critical part of our business, and we strive to provide our customers with peace of mind. Data security is a top priority for 3Play…
A Captioning Solution Made for Your Peace of Mind
At 3Play Media, we’ve created a captioning solution so flawless you (almost) won’t even notice we’re there! Our innovative closed captioning process incorporates peace of mind every step of the way, to make sure that you don’t have to worry about a…
Our New VPAT and Commitment to Internal Accessibility
As a company built around accessibility, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve the user experience of our products, platforms, and systems. For us, accessibility is both an external and internal commitment. We not only want to offer the highest quality accessibility…