Top 3 Work from Home Jobs in Digital Accessibility
Updated: March 16, 2021
If you’re looking for a work from home job that helps make the digital world more inclusive and accessible, then these top three jobs may be the perfect fit.
1. Transcription Jobs🏠 Work from Home 🧠 No Experience Necessary 🗓️ Flexible Schedule 💰 Weekly Paycheck 📝 Contract Work
As a transcriptionist, you will work to edit imperfect transcripts from video and audio content. Depending on the organization, you may need to transcribe a file from scratch or clean up an automatically generated transcript.
A transcription job is perfect for those who are seeking complete control of their schedule, weekly paychecks, and the opportunity for a work from home job.
For transcription jobs, you will need a computer and a strong network connection. A good pair of headphones is also strongly suggested.
Most organizations do not require previous experience. At 3Play, we seek transcriptionist who have:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent command of English grammar and punctuation
- Proficiency with internet research and reference resources
- Ability to manage projects and work independently
2. Accessibility Tester🏠 Work from Home 🧠 🧠 🧠Experience/Knowledge Necessary 💰 Salary Postion 📝 Full Time Employee
As an accessibility tester, you will be tasked with ensuring websites, applications, and tools are compliant with federal accessibility standards.
You will need to have knowledge of the ADA, Section 508, and WCAG 2.0/2.1 compliance and how they relate to website and application accessibility.
Experience with JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, Zoomtext, and Talkback are also necessary.
On a daily basis, you could be:
- Using assistive technologies, like screen reader software, to test the accessibility of a website
- Document issues and make recommendations for solutions and best practices
- Educate engineers, executives, and other relevant parties on accessibility standards and their importance
3. Help Blind Individuals Live Independently🏠 Work from Home 🧠 No Experience Necessary 🗓️ Flexible Schedule 📝 Contract Work
As an Aira agent, you help to guide blind individuals through their day to day lives. This is truly a rewarding work from home job!
Using smart glass technology, the blind user wears smart glasses that have a camera and network connectivity to help the agent guide the user through their requests.
The platform works similarly to Uber when a blind user will make a request to connect with an agent.
Aira agents are trained and certified via the company, no experience is necessary. The application process involves:
- Pre-Screening process – similar to 911 operator training
- Training with an experience Aira team member on how to use the Agent Dashboard and emergency protocols
- Training on “Aira Phraseology
- Certification process, background check, and confidentialily agreements
Finding the Perfect Work from Home Job
When looking for a work from home job, make sure you access all the possibilities. There are many opportunities that can fit your skills, schedule, and interests.
Do you know other work from home jobs? Let us know in the comments.
3Play Media Celebrates Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD)
Lessons Learned: Canada’s Past, Present, and Future Leadership in Digital Accessibility [Free Webinar] May 18, 2023, marked the 12th annual Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). Created by Joe Devon and Jennison Asuncion, GAAD is all about raising awareness for digital accessibility and…
Caption Security at its Best: 3Play Media’s Unwavering Commitment to Protect Your Valuable Media
How to Choose the Right Closed Captioning Vendor [Free Guide] 3Play Media provides media accessibility services, such as closed captioning, live captioning, transcription, localization, and audio description. We handle a significant volume of customer files and understand that cyber and security threats…
Introducing 3Play Media
Becoming the New Market Leader with Chris Antunes and Josh Miller [Allied Podcast] We’re excited to share some big news! You may already know that 3Play Media welcomed Captionmax and NCC to the family earlier this year. This acquisition made 3Play Media…