Parody Music Video: “You Guys Need Captions!”
Updated: June 3, 2019
Closed captioning can bring a video to life.
We wanted to capture that spirit and celebrate all the ways closed captioning helps your video, your viewers, and YOU.
To that end, 3Play Media is proud to unveil our music video parody of Pharrell Williams’ “Happy,” entitled “You Guys Need Captions!”
Break-dancers, jugglers, acrobats, and regular folks got funky for captioning. The 3Play Media team and several major players in the Boston tech scene shook their stuff, too. And somehow a yak made it in there….
Watch the music video below and read along with the open captions or the interactive transcript.
Movers and Shakers in Video Tech and Innovation
We are grateful to the many members of the Boston video technology and innovation community who appeared in our video. Thank you for sharing in the belief that technology can connect and delight us all.
- Ben Ratner, Growth Marketer at HubSpot
- Bill Aulet, Managing Director at MIT Entrepreneurship Center
- Brendan Schwartz, CTO of Wistia
- David Mendels, CEO of Brightcove
- Ed Roberts, Professor of Management of Technology at MIT Sloan
- John Harthorne, CEO of MassChallenge
- Larry Goldberg, Director of Accessible Media at Yahoo!
- Scott Bailey, Managing Director at MassChallenge
- Tom Leighton, CEO of Akamai
- Andrew Schwartz: Composer of lyrics, Lead Vocals, Sound Editor
- David Zylber: Director of Photography and Editor
- Joshua Miller: Production Assistant
- Lily Bond: Production Assistant and Camera Operator
- Emily Griffin: Production Assistant and backing vocals
And Thanks to Our Dancers:
Cameron David Douglas
Ray Demers, Jr.
Laurence De Olaisonalle
Jens Toft Olesen
Share the love and learn more about why We Heart Captions!
Tips for Having an Accessible Thanksgiving Virtually
This blog post was written in collaboration with Aaron Pagan.— With COVID-19 shifting the world as we see it, many people aren’t going to be able to spend this Thanksgiving in-person with their loved ones, but rather will be connecting virtually. Aaron…
Advanced Workflows for Captioning
Captions are time-synchronized text that represents the auditory information within a video. They are useful for viewers who can’t hear the audio, making it a great accommodation for those who are d/Deaf or hard of hearing. Accessibility isn’t the sole purpose of…
2020 Digital Accessibility Cases to Know About
In the webinar, 2020 Legal Update on Digital Accessibility Cases, Lainey Feingold breaks down the recent digital accessibility wins, cases to watch out for, and upcoming legislative changes to be aware of. Watch the 2020 Legal Update on Digital Accessibility Cases Recent…