Director of Product
3Play Media is seeking an experienced Director of Product. As Director of Product, you will be responsible for leading our product team, driving the product roadmap, and prioritizing initiatives across the 3Play product suite. You will liaise with customers and internal stakeholders to translate business needs and incorporate into product plans. Successful candidates will be passionate about product strategy, able to craft a vision, and thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
The Director of Product will have ownership over initiatives that enhance the 3Play product suite and contribute directly to the company’s growth and success. The Director of Product reports to the CEO.
- Define the long-term product strategy and associated roadmap for the 3Play product suite
- Build business cases and report on key issues to drive new initiatives
- Translate business and customer needs into requirements and work with the Development team to deliver solutions that improve our tools, systems, infrastructure and user experience
- Develop scalable processes in a high-volume environment
- Define success metrics for new projects and track them on a regular basis to ensure all projects and existing functionality are moving toward our defined goals
- Hire, lead, and manage a growing product team
- Influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company
- Balance competing resources and priorities and the associated trade-offs
- Collaborate cross-functionally across business units
- Monitor the competitive landscape to understand how our product offering stacks up against our direct competitors
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of product management experience in a SaaS environment
- 2+ years successfully managing and mentoring a team of direct reports
- Consistent track record of executing cross-functional initiatives, ensuring multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual contributors
- Ability to write and/or guide clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable technology company with a startup culture making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2008 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
How to Apply
Please complete this application.