Junior Web Developer
About the Job
We’re thrilled to announce that we’re hiring to grow our team! 3Play Media offers a truly unique opportunity to work in a small team of developers in a company that offers both a startup-minded size and culture while being robustly backed by a steady stream of customers and projects. Every day, our system processes hundreds of hours of video content, helping us to improve and expand the way people consume online media to make more of the web’s video content accessible. We’re also very excited to have a few brand-new products in our pipeline!
We are looking for an enthusiastic junior web developer with a strong work ethic who is eager to learn, solve challenging problems, and contribute to the team. You’ll resolve escalated customer issues independently and be part of development on large product initiatives. You will pair with other developers as well as work independently, and will be given every opportunity to show what you’re made of.
Role and Responsibilities
- Expand our transcript editing tools, used by hundreds of our captioners and customers to efficiently edit time-synchronized text along with a video source
- Add creative new features to our interactive transcript and video accessibility plugins
- Drive innovation within currently assigned projects
- Troubleshoot website issues and concerns
- Help develop and follow practices in development standards and design patterns
- Implement new feature requests as well as fixes to our customer and contractor facing applications
- Demonstrable experience building websites and/or web applications
- Familiar with a programming language (Ruby, Python, Java, or C++)
- Eagerness to learn and to share your knowledge
- Good problem solving and debugging ability
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Can objectively communicate project status, concerns, and risks to team, leadership, and stakeholders
- Able to identify development problems and offer solutions within a team setting
An Ideal Candidate Would Be:
- Proficient in a coding language such as Ruby, Python, Java, or C++
- Comfortable with web tooling and version control systems (e.g. Git, NPM, etc.)
- Able to integrate open-source plugins, libraries and tools into projects.
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard working, laid back, and fun. There are no politics or wasteful meetings and projects get done quickly and efficiently. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light, a game room and a friendly dog named Bo who shares our views and ambitions. At times you will need to work long and difficult hours, but the work is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our company’s success.
Location and Perks
Boston, MA – Fort Point on the Red Line near South Station. We are in the heart of Boston’s thriving Innovation District at the Boston Seaport. New restaurants and bars are popping up regularly, and we are surrounded by Boston’s buzzing tech scene.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Vision plan
- Vacation/sick pay
- Disability and life insurance
- Transportation subsidy
- Company outings/social events
- Beer/kombucha/cold brew on tap
How to Apply
Please complete this application.