Office Manager (Admin)
About the Job
3Play Media is looking for a full-time office manager. The office manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment. They will ensure high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety to allow for the smooth running of the office and day-to-day operations.
The perfect candidate will be energetic and comfortable wearing multiple hats.
Role and Responsibilities
- Stocks and organizes all office supplies, beverages, and snacks
- Monitors the office conditions and arranges for all necessary maintenance and repairs
- Greets and supports visitors
- Manages ingoing and outgoing mail and packages
- Completes administrative tasks for the executive, finance, and HR teams
- Orders office furniture and computer equipment
- Serves as liaison with property management services to address day to day concerns and manages associated contracts and lease
- Addresses employees’ queries and escalates appropriately
- Assists with planning and facilitation of company events
- Participates as needed in special projects for the Admin/Finance/HR department
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree; experience as an administrative assistant or office manager preferred
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with advanced problem-solving skills
- Creativity and ability to suggest improvements
- Discretion in handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Enjoys working both independently and together as a team
- Knowledge of basic HR and accounting practices is preferred
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,000 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We have an awesome work environment! Our team is hard working, laid back, and fun. There are no politics or wasteful meetings and projects get done quickly and efficiently. The team is dedicated to building a successful company. We have a spacious office with lots of natural light, a game room and a friendly dog named Bo who shares our views and ambitions. At times you will need to work long and difficult hours, but the work is fun, interesting, and gratifying. Your work will have a direct impact on our company’s success.
Location and Perks
Boston, MA – Fort Point on the Red Line near South Station. We are in the heart of Boston’s thriving Innovation District at the Boston Seaport. New restaurants and bars are popping up regularly, and we are surrounded by Boston’s buzzing tech scene.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Vision plan
- Vacation/sick pay
- Disability and life insurance
- Transportation subsidy
- Company outings/social events
- Beer/kombucha/cold brew on tap
How to Apply
Please complete this application.