The Impact of Recent Lawsuits on Video Accessibility Requirements
Although many accessibility laws were written before the Internet was an integral part of everyday life, recent lawsuits and case law have extended accessibility requirements to online video.
In this webinar, Owen Edwards from SSB BART Group and Lily Bond from 3Play Media will take a look at recent video accessibility lawsuits and their implications for other organizations across industries. Their focus will be on closed captioning and video description legal requirements, case law, and standards.
This presentation will cover:
- Legal requirements for video accessibility
- NAD vs. Netflix
- NAD vs. Harvard & MIT
- OCR & DOJ inquiries into IT accessibility at colleges & universities
- NFB vs. Penn State
- Lighthouse for the Blind vs. Redbox
- California Council for the Blind vs. AMC Theaters
- Best practices for caption quality
- Best practices for video description quality
- Benefits of making video accessible
Senior Accessibility Consultant | SSB BART Group
Director of Marketing | 3Play Media