2018 Legal Update on Digital Access Cases with Lainey Feingold
The legal landscape of accessibility in the United States provides a strong framework supporting digital accessibility efforts in the public and private sectors, in higher education, and throughout society.
Lawsuits, Structured Negotiations, and government agency activity impact how organizations around the country are approaching digital accessibility. With so many legal developments, organizations across industries need to stay informed.
This webinar will be presented by Lainey Feingold, an internationally recognized disability rights lawyer and pioneer of Structured Negotiation known for negotiating landmark accessibility agreements. In this webinar, Lainey will take us through key cases, court decisions, government agency activity, settlements, and other recent developments in the digital accessibility legal landscape since her last 3Play Media webinar in September 2017.
This presentation will cover:
- Legal requirements impacting digital accessibility
- Updates on major digital access court cases, regulations, and settlements in 2018
- U.S. Department of Justice and Department of Education activity in digital access
- Best practices for digital accessibility as defined by industry leaders, court orders, and major settlements
- How the law is impacting accessibility in fields as diverse as finance, education, voting, healthcare, employment, and transportation
Disability Rights Lawyer
Law Office of Lainey Feingold
Elisa Edelberg (Moderator)