Web Accessibility Resources We Can’t Live Without
Updated: June 3, 2019
Whether you’re designing an accessible website, auditing your software, or crafting an accessibility policy for your institution, there’s a wealth of free resources to help you.
Here are some great web accessibility resources we can’t live without.
Web Accessibility Laws & Guidelines
Understand the legal requirements for accessible web content in your country or state.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Web Accessibility Requirements for Video
- Section 508 Government Website Requirements
- FAQ About Section 504 and the Education of Children with Disabilities
- Summary of WCAG 2.0 Principles & Guidelines
- Web Accessibility Laws by Country and State
- International Web Accessibility Policies
These are major players in the accessibility scene who can provide a wealth of resources.
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
- National Center on Accessible Information Technology in Education (AccessIT)
- WebAIM – Web Accessibility In Mind
- SSBBart Group
eLearning Accessibility Resources
- Selecting Software for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Container, Content, and Capability: The Three C’s of Accessibility and Distance Education
- Tutorials for Creating Accessible Documents in Multiple Formats (For Faculty)
- Guidelines for Producing Instructional and Other Printed Materials in Alternate Media for Persons with Disabilities
- Creating and Producing Accessible Content Courses
- Top 5 Tips for Using UDL in eLearning
Resources for Getting Admin Buy-In
Web accessibility succeeds when it has buy-in from leadership, but sometimes leaders need convincing. These resources offer powerful ammunition to convince your leadership of the importance of inclusive design.
- 5 Signs That You’re Vulnerable to a Digital Accessibility Lawsuit
- How to Make Universal Design for Learning a Reality at Your University
- “From Where I Sit” Stories of Disabled Students
Universal Design Resources
Need some actionable advice for designing accessibly? Here are tips, tricks, and tools to get you there.
- Accessibility Checklist for Web-based Course Material
- Triage for Accessifying Websites
- 10 Tips for Creating Accessible Course Content
- Alt Image Text Tips
- Color Contrast Checker Tool
- Tips for Making Online Documents Accessible: Word, PowerPoint, Excel & PDF
- Tips for Making Web Video & Audio Accessible
How do you know what you need to fix? Check out these resources to help you target your accessibility gaps.
- Tips for Identifying Web Accessibility Gaps at Your Company
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List
- Free Tools for Testing Website Accessibility
University Accessibility Assets
Want to see how other institutions of higher education handle accessibility? Learn from those who came before.
- California State University Accessible Technology Initiative
- George Mason University Accessibility
- Michigan State University Web Accessibility
- Pennsylvania State Access Ability Resource Center
- San Francisco State University Accessible Technology Initiative
- The Ohio State University’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion Web Accessibility Policy
- University of Washington DO IT, The Center for Universal Design in Education
- Oregon State University Accessibility Policy
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Accessibility Policy
Want to get formal accessibility training for yourself or your colleagues? Check these out.
How our Customer Success Teams Provide Unrivaled Video Accessibility Support
Our customer success teams at 3Play Media feel passionate about helping our customers find the best solutions to manage accessibility at their organizations. With complex needs and workflows, it can sometimes seem daunting to achieve video accessibility. However, with the right team…
Beginner’s Guide to Pinterest Video Accessibility
Pinterest video content allows businesses to capture their audience’s attention better and engage in a fresh way. Whether you’re a fitness brand wanting to share workout clips or an eCommerce brand hoping to showcase product tutorials, Pinterest is a great place to…
The Current State of Translation for Virtual Events in the Corporate Space
Events have always been – and will continue to be – a staple for countless organizations, who use events to raise awareness of their brand, meet and interact with new prospects, and increase sales. However, due to the influx of online interactions…