Top 3 Digital Accessibility Work from Home Jobs
If you’re looking for a work from home job that helps make the digital world more inclusive and accessible, then these top three jobs may be the perfect fit.
1. Transcription Jobs🏠 Work from Home 🧠 No Experience Necessary 🗓️ Flexible Schedule 💰 Weekly Paycheck 📝 Contract Work
As a transcriptionist, you will work to edit imperfect transcripts from video and audio content. Depending on the organization, you may need to transcribe a file from scratch or clean up an automatically generated transcript.
A transcription job is perfect for those who are seeking complete control of their schedule, weekly paychecks, and the ability to work from anywhere.
For transcription jobs, you will need a computer and a strong network connection. A good pair of headphones is also strongly suggested.
Most organizations do not require previous experience. At 3Play, we seek transcriptionist who have:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent command of English grammar and punctuation
- Proficiency with internet research and reference resources
- Ability to manage projects and work independently
2. Accessibility Tester🏠 Work from Home 🧠 🧠 🧠Experience/Knowledge Necessary 💰 Salary Postion 📝 Full Time Employee
As an accessibility tester, you will be tasked with ensuring websites, applications, and tools are compliant with federal accessibility standards.
You will need to have knowledge of the ADA, Section 508, and WCAG 2.0/2.1 compliance and how they relate to website and application accessibility.
Experience with JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, Zoomtext, and Talkback are also necessary.
On a daily basis, you could be:
- Using assistive technologies, like screen reader software, to test the accessibility of a website
- Document issues and make recommendations for solutions and best practices
- Educate engineers, executives, and other relevant parties on accessibility standards and their importance
3. Help Blind Individuals Live Independently🏠 Work from Home 🧠 No Experience Necessary 🗓️ Flexible Schedule 📝 Contract Work
As an Aira agent, you help to guide blind individuals through their day to day lives.
Using smart glass technology, the blind user wears smart glasses that have a camera and network connectivity to help the agent guide the user through their requests.
The platform works similarly to Uber when a blind user will make a request to connect with an agent.
Aira agents are trained and certified via the company, no experience is necessary. The application process involves:
- Pre-Screening process – similar to 911 operator training
- Training with an experience Aira team member on how to use the Agent Dashboard and emergency protocols
- Training on “Aira Phraseology
- Certification process, background check, and confidentialily agreements
Finding the Perfect Work from Home Job
When looking for a work from home job, make sure you access all the possibilities. There are many opportunities that can fit your skills, schedule, and interests.
Perks of Being a 3Play Transcriptionist
3Play transcriptionists are the best transcribers in the world (just ask our customers!). Working as a 3Play transcriptionist has many perks. Many of our editors tell us they love working with 3Play because they love working from home, learning from the videos…
Meet 3Play Media’s New and Improved Live Auto Captioning Service!
Last year, 3Play Media released a beta version of our Live Auto Captioning service, allowing you to add auto captions to live streaming online videos, meetings, and webinars. We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve made significant improvements to the service and now,…
Strategies for Transitioning to Accessible Remote Learning
3Play Media’s second virtual event, ACCESS at Home, focused on providing the necessary tools and knowledge to thrive in a virtual environment. Dawn Hunziker and Barbie Lopez, the IT accessibility team for the University of Arizona, joined us for ACCESS at Home…